Pictures were finally taken of the quilts that I made the girls for Christmas. I know. Nearly two months after! I do have my moments were I'm just not on the ball with things. Yesterday things just kind of all fell into place for the photo shoot.
Kind of like this; I was walking through the house in the afternoon and noticed all the sunshine pouring in through the windows. A thought ran through my mind about how awesome that was and Glenn being home and being the quilt holder. But it was very breezy, chilly out. And I was not about to go and stand outside myself. So within a 2 minute span I had people running up and down stairs, ripping quilts of beds, placing a chair in just the right spot for Glenn and started snapping pics. Poor Connor was over and didn't even have a clue about what the heck was going on. I'm surprised he didn't get run over.
This is how it all turned out. Forgive the bright bit of sunshine glaring on the quilts. You get what you get when I start ordering people around here.
Each quilt was made using the Disappearing 9 Patchtutorial over at Quilt Story. Love this pattern! Very scrappy with minimal piecing. Love that.
This one is Little B's made with the "It's a Hoot" from Moda.
Gotta love Glenn's little helper there in the corner. :)
This one is Little B's made with the "It's a Hoot" from Moda. Gotta love Glenn's little helper there in the corner. :)
The second is Em's made with the "Just Wing It" from Moda.
Both quilts were made bigger than needed for now with the intention that they can be used for a full or queen size bed later.
Hand stitching was done in all of the big blocks in a petal sort of pattern that I quickly drew up and cut a 'stencil' out of poster board.
I still keep going back and forth about doing more hand stitching on both quilts. In between the blocks and around the edges. After taking another look this weekend, I'm leaning towards the more idea.
And solid colored sheets were used for the backing. And scrappy strip pieced binding was put all around the edges.
(I linked the quilts to Quilt Story)
I finally got to the 1/3 mark with Glenn's blanket. It seems that it's taking forever to get it done. It's to the point now that it has to lay on the floor as I work on it to make sure that I don't make identical squares for it. So with it not being such a great thing to work on at the desk while the girls are doing school work I have to find something else that can be worked on while school is being accomplished.
That is were this pile of fleece and flannel come in. It has sat around for a month at least just waiting for me to make them into pj/lounging pants. Hopefully I can get them done quickly.