Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Heather's quilt story...a baptism quilt...


Addie's Baptism Quilt

My third sweet daughter was baptized a few months ago. She thought she was getting a quilt because her sisters did. But I never let her see me working on it, and told her I will try to do it on time, but don't think I will be able to.  When she opened her gift, she loved it!  The other girls got a little mad and said "her's is cuter" (it's true, it is)



 Don't you love the snowy photos?
 I fell in love with this color combo, and I want to make another quilt with all these colors....






 You all know the book, I changed it to "for eternity" instead of "as long as I am living." She is ALWAYS my baby! Isn't the embroidery sweet? I created her, and she reminded me of Addie, so I added her to the quilt...



And here is the darling baptism girl...
 Seriously, have you ever seen cuter horse teeth? She is as sweet as she looks! In the spring I plan on taking her out and getting nicer baptism photos, with her quilt of course!


Also, we have a winner from the FABRIC SHOPPE! Taryn wins a half yard bundle of Aneela Hooey's Little Apples. Cute!



Blogger Taryn said...
I love the Heirloom 1/2 yard bundle. The colors are so delicious!
February 3, 2012 6:24 AM
Congratulations Taryn



Photobucket

15 comments:

Heidi Staples said...

How very sweet. It's a lovely quilt, so perfect for a little girl.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Beautiful quilt! My daughter turns 8 next year. She has a ton of blankets...but would always love another.

Katarína said...

Je to nádhernééé ♥

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! You have so beautiful and cute quilt! It is so perfect for a sxeet little girl!
Have a lovely weekend! x Teje

Josie McRazie said...

Beautiful! (Both the quilt and your baby girl!) I could not work on that word block... I would be bawling with every darn stitch! LOVE that book, but I cry, no I BAWL every time I read it!!

beaquilter said...

sooo cute and cute girl :-) I assume she's 8 yrs old?? what church do you go to?

Richard Healey said...

My son turns 8 this year also and will be baptized that is a great idea.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

Kate said...

A beautiful quilt for a beautiful daughter! Lucky girl.

Lisa C in GA. said...

It's adorable! I always changed that line too...to "Forever and always, my baby you'll be". Same reason, lol

Becky said...

What a cute idea--a quilt for their Baptism! Beautiful quilt and even more beautiful daughter!

barbara woods said...

we have a addie lou who in our family to but she is 11 years old. her name is addison

Susan said...

I wish I'd thought of the baptism quilts way back when. I was lucky to do the 21st birthday, though. =) That is the cutest thing ever. I might have to do that for a friend's son who will be baptised this summer - or help his mom do one. =)

Taryn V. said...

Thank you so much for the giveaway! I was so surprised to see my name! Beautiful baptism quilt, I love the little birdies and the embroidered note!

Unknown said...

What a DARLING quilt! I love the big "8" on it! I want to make each of my grandchildren a baptism quilt when they turn 8. I'm also lovin' the colors and the different blocks! Good job! :)

Anonymous said...

I just love this quilt!! I do have a question. I am still a newbie in the sewing world. Did you handsew or machine sew the birds wings and tails?