Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Happy Wednesday!  I hope you all were able to link up to yesterday's party, if not you should look around at the great projects!  Today we've got a feature from Caroline of Artfully Caroline.  She's got a super sweet quilt to share that she made for a sweet new baby.  Caroline has a great collection of tutorials HERE and I love her little about me page, it's cute and funny!  And I just found out she's from France...lucky :)  France is one of our all time favorite places we've visited.  Here is the so sweet baby quilt!:

This has been such a pleasure to work on it, not only because it has been a labor of love and a needed distraction while I was not feeling well but also because Bug and I adore the story, the images and I love colors, bright, bold colors. This was the perfect project for me You can see the earlier stages of the quilt here and here.
I finished it just in time to deliver it myself to my then very pregnant cousin Sophie in Provence


Bright and cheerful, it will keep her sweet child warm and cuddly.


I bound the quilt with a very plain white fabric with aqua polka dots and kept the quilting very simple 


Just in the ditch and some cross lines around the edges





And of course the outline of the butterfly and the caterpillar


Sophie liked it a lot! 
That day she also received the  translation of Eric Carle's adorable book so she could tell the story to her baby.


Barely 2 weeks later,  Sophie, her husband and the whole family welcomed sweet Chloé to the world


Unfortunately after we returned home. I will have to wait until our next trip to hold little Chloé. In the meantime, the quilt I made for her will have to make do.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Average Quilter said...

That quilt is too cute

trish said...

What a cute quilt! :o)
I am having a little give a way and would love to have you drop by.
hugs. Trish

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt for a beautiful little baby girl. Thank you for sharing.

Heidi Grohs said...

CUTE!!!!

jboo75191 said...

Do not know how to quickly and accurately write an essay? Only here at paper now writing service you can find quality essays. This service will help you to write essay quickly and better.