Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 29, 2011

Projects to share...

I realize I am not very good at sharing my projects along the way...in fact I almost always wait until I have a completed quilt (or project) to post it on the blog.  I want to change that...so today I'm sharing some of my WIPs!  Now that I look at them, only half are actually in progress, a couple are just waiting to be started!! Ha!  Oh, and if you're wondering we'll have a great feature on Wednesday :)

1. Modern Strip Quilt

This bad boy is all pieced, just needs to be bound and quilted.  I am hoping to finish it in a few weeks!!  It is cute, modern and will become a pattern.

2. Robot Factory Quilt
Robot Factory by Caleb Gray for Robert Kaufman-look for this collection late September

This quilt is further along than pictured, some of the blocks are done already.  This is my top priority and I am really excited about this one.  Such adorable boy fabric!!  My boys and I spent 10 minutes looking at the fabric together the other day :)

3. Yet to be named...

I am in LOVE with the colors in this line, that is my new favorite blue/green (what would you call it? They call it "mineral")  Paired with the oranges and yellows, yummy.  This is another upcoming pattern, all the blocks are done I just need to put the top together, bind and quilt :)  Not too hard, right?

4.ADORABLE Rain Jacket! 

I am madly in love with this collection, madly.  I am really excited to make this up!! I volunteered a local friend who is much better at sewing clothing than I to help me for a few hours to do this, I'm a tiny scared :)  The blue whales will be on the outside and the yellow school fish for the lining.  I also got the iron on vinyl stuff for the outside (I don't want this getting dirty!!)  Have you ever used it before?  Does it work well?

Heather is using the girls version of Storyboek for a couple of darling projects...oh my goodness they are cute.  And she made her Weston darling pants and hats with the same boy line too.



That's what I've been working on, can't wait to show you the finishes now :)  At least now I can say in the post "remember this pile of fabric..." :)

PS OH AND A PERSONAL NOTE...my husband has been gone for 8 weeks and comes home this afternoon!!!!! I am so unbelievably excited!!!!!!!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely projects! I do so love that Monaluna line - I'm still thinking up a project to use mine for...

And as a girl who's husband works away for a living I totally sympathize with you and I'm excited for you! Enjoy your time together :)

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello! Your wip quilts look so wonderful! All the fabrics and colours are beautiful!
Have a lovely week with your husband!
xxx Teje

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Thank you for sharing. I love to see WIP's and how they progress. Enjoy your time with your husband xx

Sarah said...

Nice to see peaks of what you're up to! Take a few days off the quilting though, and enjoy your man being home!

Canadian Abroad said...

I'm in love with Birch fabrics - their colours, designs, the whole package. Your quilts look amazing. Can't wait to see them finished.

Go-Go Kim said...

Those birch fabrics are too YUMMY!!!!! I like to see things in progress then I do not feel so behind *giggle* Cannot wait to see the Oliver jacket!!!!!!

CuriousJess said...

I just love all of the boy fabrics in your WIPs! I've been having a hard time finding boy prints.

Suburban Stitcher said...

LOVE the birch fabrics!

amy dame said...

i have the same problem - i WANT to show the process, but i can't seem to bring myself to post WIPs! i'm trying to change that.

that robot fabric is totally going to test my "no buying new fabric this fall" rule! it's so cute, i love the added graph lines in the background.

Andee said...

Really loved the Robot Factory quilt and fabric line..putting that on my wish list!